phase 7: cross-functional interlock
Market leading organizations not only have functional strategies, but they actively align them with each other. They maintain a regular communication cadence and actively adjust their strategies to reflect the current and future needs of the market. This leads to increased transparency between groups and increased revenue.
- You have a documented go-to-market strategy.
- You have documented functional strategies.
- Your documented strategies are short and easy to consume (i.e. one or two pages).
- You update your strategy on a quarterly basis.
- Your corporate strategy dictates the direction of each functional strategy.
- The functional leaders actively align with each other with weekly meetings.
- Even your field-level employees understand the company strategy and how to execute their day-to-day tasks to achieve it.
- Your functional teams hold daily 15-minute calls to assure daily alignment of activities to corporate strategy.
- Your company-wide objectives are quantified and shared via weekly reports and dashboards.
- The management team holds a quarterly business review to assess the prior quarter performance and to define the plan for the next quarter.
- One-page Strategic Plan
- Weekly Alignment
- Monthly Stoplight/Reporting