The Cabinet Office has today published its National Cyber Strategy 2022, setting out the government’s approach to protecting and promoting the UK’s interests in cyberspace.
The Strategy sets out a vision that the UK in 2030 will continue to be a leading responsible and democratic cyber power, able to protect and promote our interests in and through cyberspace in support of national goals. There are five pillars to the strategy:
- Pillar 1: Strengthening the UK cyber ecosystem, investing in people and skills and deepening the partnership between government, academia and industry
- Pillar 2: Building a resilient and prosperous digital UK, reducing cyber risks so businesses can maximise the economic benefits of digital technology and citizens are more secure online and confident that their data is protected
- Pillar 3: Taking the lead in the technologies vital to cyber power, building industrial capability and developing frameworks to secure future technologies
- Pillar 4: Advancing UK global leadership and influence for a more secure, prosperous and open international order, working with government and industry partners and sharing the expertise that underpins UK cyber power
- Pillar 5: Detecting, disrupting and deterring adversaries to enhance UK security in and through cyberspace, making more integrated, creative and routine use of the UK’s full spectrum of levers
Objectives under each of these pillars that will be of interest to members include:
- Strengthen the structures, partnerships and networks necessary to support a whole-of-society approach to cyber.
- Enhance and expand the nation’s cyber skills at every level.
- Foster the growth of a sustainable, innovative and internationally competitive cyber and information security sector.
- Secure the next generation of connected technologies and infrastructure.
- Work with the multi stakeholder community to shape the development of global digital technical standards in the priority areas that matter most for upholding our democratic values.
The full document, which includes outcomes under each objective to be achieved by 2025, is here.